Answered By: Shazia Arif Last Updated: 12 Nov, 2014 Views: 226
Many UK universities are part of a reciprocal access scheme called SCONUL Access. This grants borrowing privileges to many types of library users working or studying at participating higher education libraries in the UK and Ireland.
SCONUL Access provides borrowing privileges for most:
- Academic staff (on open or fixed term contracts)
- Postgraduate research students (registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification)
- Part-time, distance learning and placement students
- Full-time postgraduates
- Students on placement of more than six weeks
SCONUL Access also provides a reference only service (i.e. you cannot borrow resources) for most:
- Full-time undergraduate students
- Staff of a few higher education libraries not participating in the reciprocal borrowing arrangements
For further details please visit our Library website.