Answered By: Business Librarian Last Updated: 17 Jul, 2015 Views: 147
Some adspend data is available in Mintel reports. Mintel is one of our market research databases, available via the Market Research guide and the A-Z list of databases.
Once you are in Mintel, you can browse to a particular report by
- Go to My Reports section. Click on the Read Latest Reports button.
- Next choose a relevant sector for a list of all the reports in that sector
- The homepage for each report has a green link to the table of contents, where all sections are listed. Adspend data will be in the Brand Communication and Promotion section
Only some have this section as it is not relevant in all reports. For example, the "Food and Drink Retailing - UK - March 2014" report has sections on all the major supermarkets, but not a Brand Communication and Promotion section.
To find a relevant report with the data you need,
- you can type adspend, and the topic you need, into the search box, e.g. supermarket adspend
- In this example, the top result is an April 2014 report section: "Convenience Stores - Brand Communication and Promotion", which includes supermarkets in addition to convenience stores.
For more help in finding market and company data, or any other information, contact your Subject Liaison Librarian.