Answered By: Jo Nash Last Updated: 11 Nov, 2016 Views: 17
Items are borrowed using the self service Issues kiosks on the ground floor of the Library, opposite the Help Desk. You will need your Student ID card, which is also used as your Library card. There are on screen instructions on how to use the kiosks but if you have any difficulties Help Desk staff (or student staff overnight) are always available to assist you.
- Place your ID card in the small slot just below the touch screen and wait for the card number to be read from the "chip"
- You will see a PIN field but unless you have set a PIN up in the Library's My Account system, leave this blank and tap OK
- Place up to 4 books in the larger slot below
- The kiosk will read the tags in the books and you should see the book titles appear on the screen in green and with a green tick next to them
- Once all the titles have been read and ticked they are issued to your account and the security has been deactivated
- Tap Finish and print a Receipt so you know when they are due for return