Answered By: Business Librarian
Last Updated: 11 Jun, 2018     Views: 272

If articles are not available online or in print at Brunel, and are not available freely online via Google Scholar, your options for accessing them are visiting another Library that has a print subscription to the volumes you need, or paying for Inter Library Loan copies.

Visiting other Libraries

To check which libraries have the journal Human Communication Research, use COPAC to search across all Library catalogues. Some catalogues include their online journals in their catalogue - you won't have access to these, so always search on the university's catalogue directly to check that there is print access for the dates you need.

As an undergraduate student you can get reference access to many other university libraries, using the SCONUL Access scheme. You can apply for a SCONUL card online at the link below. You will also be able to find out which libraries you have access to on the website.

Inter Library Loans

We can request copies of the articles you need via Inter Library Loan - they usually come from the British Library.  You can request articles, in print or electronic format, via the Library catalogue. Please check our website for more information on Inter Library Loans, including information on cost.