Answered By: Business Librarian Last Updated: 30 Jan, 2017 Views: 628
Passport is one of our Market Research databases, listed on the Market Research Library Guide, and the Databases A-Z. It contains reports and data published by Euromonitor. To find company reports:
- When you get to Passport, you may need to click on UK users Athens/Institutional Login, and select Brunel University from the list of institutions
- If you have not used Passport before, or recently, you will need to fill a registration form
Type the company name into the search box at the top right of the page
- In addition to company reports, the list of results will include links to statistics tables and market reports in which the company is mentioned. Use the Filter Analysis option to narrow down to more relevant results - By Geography and By Analysis are most useful.
- You will now see reports about the company you're researching, and reports on other companies, where your company is mentioned.
- Some companies have detailed Global Company Profiles, looking at the company across the whole world, other companies have briefer Local Company Profiles, looking at the company in an indiviudual country. Some companies have Local and Global reports.
- Often there are several reports on a company, looking at the company in relation to different markets.
- When you have selected the report you want to look at, you will be able to view it online, use the table of contents at the left of the page, or download the report as a PDF using the red icon at the top of the page.
If you cannot find the company you need in Passport, or want to find other reports, see the Companies section on the Market Research Library Guide. Also consider whether you’re using the brand name – is there another name that the company might be known by?
For more help using Passport, or any other database, contact your Subject Liaison Librarian.