Answered By: Dom Benson Last Updated: 11 May, 2021 Views: 6
The courses you need to take should be listed on Blackboard - check your online learning requirements here before you access e-Learning for Healthcare.
We recommend that you use the following steps, but you may start at step 2 if you are familiar with e-Learning for Healthcare.
1. Sign on to OpenAthens for the NHS (you may sign in with either your OpenAthens username or your Brunel email address). If you cannot remember your OpenAthens password, select the second link, "Forgotten your password".
2. Open e-Learning for Healthcare and select the button "Sign On with OpenAthens" in the centre (or below the username / password boxes on a mobile device).
3. Use the "search the e-learning" box at the top of the screen to find your course, for example: resuscitation level 1 (try not to be too specific here or you may not find anything!), then select "Enrol" to start your course.
4. You may pause and resume your course later on - your results are saved as you go. When you have completed your courses, you may download your certificates under "My Activity" at the top.
5. Be sure to upload your certificates to your Digital Portfolio (previously known as Pebblepad) on Blackboard Learn to demonstrate that you have completed your courses. Note also, your certificates will be removed from the e-Learning for Healthcare platform after several months!
- If you have not registered for e-Learning for Healthcare before, please see the related FAQ: How do I sign in to e-Learning for Healthcare? (see link below).
- If you have not been issued with an OpenAthens account, please contact the Library team via LibAnswers.
- Questions about which e-learning courses you need to complete should be addressed to your TPO contact