Answered By: Alice Cann Last Updated: 20 Oct, 2022 Views: 2538
12 Bloomberg PCs are located in the Financial Resources Suite on Floor 2 of the Library, Bann230a, (they are the computers with two monitors). Bloomberg terminals must be booked before use - follow the link below or from the Library homepage.
To access Bloomberg you will need to create your own profile.
First log in to the computer with your Brunel University username and password.
Before creating a profile, make sure you have your mobile phone with you as you will be given a verification code to type in.
- Click on the green Bloomberg icon on the desktop, or select Bloomberg from the Programs menu
- Select <Enter> or <GO> to begin or press the red <Pause Break> key on the keyboard
- Select Create a New Login
- Complete the forms as instructed on screen. You will need to remember the login name and password. You will need to fill in both phone number boxes in the Contact Information section (enter your mobile number twice)
- Choose method for Validation (SMS Text is usually easiest)
- Bloomberg will send a code
- Enter Validation Code
- Answer additional informational questions
- Log in with the personal login name and password for Bloomberg which you have created
Click on Related Functions Menu at the top of the screen to browse the Main Menu of Bloomberg Functions or try typing a keyword in to the search box at the top of the screen (where there is a flashing cursor).
See the Getting started guide for students on the Bloomberg section of the Data and Statistics Library Guide for more instructions.
Clicking the green Help key, or the Question Mark menu then Launch Help Page at the top right of the screen will open an in depth Help page for the particular function you are using.
If you can’t find what you need you can press the Help button on the keyboard twice, then select Bloomberg Help Desk. This will allow you to email a Bloomberg advisor who will interact with you via email and respond as soon as possible, within one business day, but usually much more quickly.
Training is provided in LibSmart Workshops on Getting Started with Bloomberg, Using Bloomberg with Excel and Bloomberg Certification, advertised on the Bloomberg section of the Data and Statistics Library Guide.
The Data and Statistics Library Guide also has details about Bloomberg Certification options.
You can also contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for support