Answered By: E-library Team Last Updated: 07 Mar, 2016 Views: 808
RefGrab-It is a bookmark tool you can install and use to capture web page data and import a reference into your Refworks database.
You can install RefGrab-It on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
You should also make sure you enable a pop-up for the following website:
This step will permit the <Import to RefWorks> button to open a pop-up window so you can sign in to Refworks and import the web page reference.
Below you will see a screenshot of what RefGrab-It looks like on Google Chrome - if you want to enable the Bookmark bar, type Ctrl-Shift-B (or use the Settings button top right).
- Open the web page you want to reference
- Click on RefGrab-It on your Bookmarks bar
- Select the tick box under "The Web Page"
- Then select the <Import to RefWorks> button
- A RefWorks pop-up should open in another window
- Sign in to Refworks in the usual way and the import should complete automatically (if it does not work, check your browser's pop-up settings again)
Sometimes, due to network latency or a problem with the connection between the website and RefWorks, you may see a grey pop-up overlaying the web page but no bibliographic metadata is captured. If this occurs when you use RefGrab-It please follow the advice on the Word document below: "What to do when RefGrab-it doesn't load correctly".
If you cannot get RefGrab-It to work at all, and there is no problem with enabling the pop-up setting to RefWorks, we recommend that you add the reference to RefWorks manually.
The Scholar's Portal provides some excellent guides on exporting references various databases below. You may also contact RefWorks Support (email@example.com) for guidance between 2pm and 1am on weekdays.