Answered By: E-library Team Last Updated: 24 Oct, 2018 Views: 964
RefGrab-It is a bookmark tool you can install and use to capture web page data and import a reference into your Refworks database.
You can install RefGrab-It on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
You should also make sure you enable a pop-up for the following website:
This step will permit the <Import to RefWorks> button to open a pop-up window so you can sign in to Refworks and import the web page reference.
Below you will see a screenshot of what RefGrab-It looks like on Google Chrome - if you want to enable the Bookmark bar, type Ctrl-Shift-B (or use the Settings button top right).
- Open the web page you want to reference
- Click on RefGrab-It on your Bookmarks bar
- Select the tick box under "The Web Page"
- Then select the <Import to RefWorks> button
- A RefWorks pop-up should open in another window
- Sign in to Refworks in the usual way and the import should complete automatically (if it does not work, check your browser's pop-up settings again)
Sometimes, due to network latency or a problem with the connection between the website and RefWorks, you may see a grey pop-up overlaying the web page but no bibliographic metadata is captured. If this occurs when you use RefGrab-It please follow the advice on the Word document below: "What to do when RefGrab-it doesn't load correctly".
The Scholar's Portal provides some excellent guides on exporting references various databases below. You may also contact RefWorks Support (email@example.com) for guidance between 2pm and 1am on weekdays.