Answered By: Thesis Team Last Updated: 20 Dec, 2017 Views: 1149
Brunel University London requires all doctorate and MPhil graduates to submit their thesis pre-Viva to the CheckIt service operated by the Taught Programmes Office in each College, and following the award to deposit it in the Library for archiving in BURA, the University's repository of staff and student research.
1. Submitting your draft thesis to CheckIt
Before formal submission, the final draft of the thesis should be sent to CheckIt, the University's thesis check service, using the plagiarism detection software, Urkund (WISEFlow).
2. Depositing your final, corrected thesis in the Library
Following award, successful theses are then submitted to the Library for deposit in BURA, the University's open access research archive, as required under University regulations.
Please supply the Library with:
- A CD/DVD containing the final, corrected version of your thesis as a single unsecured file in PDF or Word format; including appendices;
- A copy of your award letter from Registry
- A completed Thesis Deposit Licence Form (see file at the bottom of this answer)
To submit your thesis following award of your degree, please go to the Library Help Desk. Alternatively you can send all of the above to:
Library, Bannerman Centre
Brunel University London, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom
Links to further information and forms are available from the Submitting your thesis page on our website.